Blackheads dark spots or bumps is a widespread skin problem, which appears when the pores around your hair follicles become clogged. The clogging is as a result of the accumulation of dead skin cells and sebum oils on the skin pore opening. This clogging forms a dark bump. The dark color is just due to oxidation of the clog by air.
Blackheads can be found on any part of the skin, but they are more common in the nasal region because of the many skin pores on this area. These dark colored spots on the nose can not only be very painful if they get infected but also a source of embarrassment and frustration.
Anyone who has ever had a blackhead on their nose will tell you that they had to bring everything to a standstill to remove this unsightly bump. In this article, I will discuss in detail on how you to deal with these black spots on your nose.
Just as a word of caution, whereas you may be desperate to get rid of them fast, you should resist the temptation to pop them unless you know how to do it to avoid much pain or swelling. Also, popping them can open a gateway to other secondary infections. The following are some of the best ways to get rid of blackheads on nose.
1. Mint toothpaste
Mint toothpaste is a readily available blackheads home remedy in every home. It works wonders when it comes to clearing these spots on the nose. The mint in the toothpaste opens clogged pores and kills bacteria.
- Apply some toothpaste on your nose and let it dry for five minutes
- Add a few drops of water and massage for a few minutes
- Rinse it with clean water.
- Do this daily until your blackhead problem heals completely.
2. Fresh Lemon Juice and honey regimen
Lemon juice is another amazing home remedy for blackheads. It contains vitamins and ingredients that can exfoliate dead skin. Honey, on the other hand, is a natural moisturizer. It also has healing properties.
- Mix two spoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice with three drops of honey
- Gently rub this mixture on your nose
- Rinse it off with clean water after 10 minutes.
- Be sure to use only fresh lemon because processed lemon may contain chemicals that can aggravate your condition.
3. Egg white mask for black spots on nose
One of the recommended ways on how to remove blackheads at home is using egg whites. Egg whites add nutrients to your skin and help dry and exfoliate dead skin thus removing the black spots.
- You will need one egg for your nose. Break it and separate the white part from the York. You can use the yolk elsewhere because you will not need it.
- Blend the egg white with a fork until it becomes frothy
- Smooth the froth on your nose and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water. You will see the noticeable results immediately.
- This method can also reduce acne and skin discoloration.
Baking soda paste for blackheads on nose
Baking soda has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce the inflammation caused by these dark spots on your nose. It can also be used to exfoliate your skin. It is one of the most recommended ways on to get rid of blackheads on your nose because it also helps prevent re-infection.
- Mix two teaspoons of baking soda in a bowl with two spoons of mineral water to make a paste.
- Smooth the paste on your nose and wait for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water.
- Repeat the remedy twice every week.
Tomato has antiseptic properties which can open your pores. This property makes it one of the best blackhead removal products. The tomato juice treatment clears the spots by drying them out.
- Mash the tomatoes in a bowl and apply the juice on your nose.
- Let it stay for 2-3 hours then rinse with clean water.
Steam treatment is a controversial but effective way of treating this acne type. The steam dilates the pores and clears the sebum that causes this condition. However, ensure you do it correctly otherwise you can burn your skin.
- You should cleanse your face thoroughly by applying a mild cleanser to moisten the skin and then rinsing it off with warm, clean water, then dry it with a fresh face towel.
- Boil a pot of clean water. You may add lemon for a soothing feel on your skin. Pour the water into a bowl
- Place a large towel over your head.
- Lean over the bowl, holding your face about 15 inches above the water, steam your face for not more than 10 minutes.
- Blot the face dry and remove the blackheads immediately after steaming.
- Moisturize your nose after the treatment.
Purederm charcoal Peel Mask
Charcoal peel-off mask sweeps away pore waste with charcoal. The product also contains minerals and ingredients which nourishes the skin. It is one of the best blackheads removal masks.
You should cleanse your nose before applying this remedy. Apply an even layer to your nose. Leave it for 20 minutes, then peel off gently after 20 minutes when it dries.