We will only collect information that will help us make the site work best for you. The information we collect will only let us contact you only if you have allowed us. We will also give you accurate local information if you need it and provide us a view of how our visitors use the site, and what we can do to optimise and to improve your overall website experience.
Some parts of the website may ask you for more information so that you can access some of the services or complete transactions. However, you will always be informed when certain information is being collected, and in most cases you will be asked to enter it. An example is you may be asked for an email address for subscriptions. Please note that information you will enter is only to be used for the purpose stated at the time of collection.
The information we collect
We collect the following information from people visiting the website:
- Any questions, queries and feedback, including your email address if you send us email.
- Visitors’ IP addresses and details of web browser and its version.
- Data on how people use the website, using cookies and page tagging techniques to help us optimise the website and our services.
- For feedback, a record of the message will be kept for up to six months before deletion.
More about cookies
We use small data files stored on your computer called ‘cookies’. Most websites do this. Cookies help us improve the entire website experience for you.
Where we store your personal data
How we use your information
Any information we collect is used to:
- Optimise and improve content and design of the website
- Comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by visitors
- Allow visitors to participate in interactive features of our website, when users choose to do so
- Contact visitors, with their permission, to respond to any feedback or queries
All information provided to us will never be shared with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes. We do not pass your information to any other website.
Disclosure of your information
In accordance with Principle 6 of the Data Protection Act, visitors have the right to ask us not to process your personal data, and you have the right to access information held about you.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website
Follwing a link to O’Reilly’s Bar website from another website